Marin Dacos, French Ministry of Higher Education and Research (MESR)
Marin Dacos is National Open Science Coordinator at the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research. He has been highly involved in the writing process of the French Open Science Plans, and is deeply involved in the activities of the Open Science Committee. He was the Founding Director of OpenEdition, a scholarly infrastructure dedicated to open access publications in human and social sciences (HSS), created in 1999. With more than 500 journals, 6000 books, 2500 academic blogs, OpenEdition is considered as a leading European initiative. He received the prestigious CNRS (French National Center for Scientific Research) innovation medal in 2016, being the second scholar in human and social science to receive it, after Esther Duflo. He is the author of dozen of articles and two books about digital humanities and open science.
- 2022 Conclusions of the Competitiveness Council (Research and space) concerning Research assessement and open science https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/press/press-releases/2022/06/10/council-provides-political-orientations-on-international-cooperation-open-science-and-european-missions/
- 2021 Second national open science plan https://www.ouvrirlascience.fr/category/open-science/osnp/
- 2019 Co-creation of CoNOSC – Council of national open science coordination https://conosc.org/
- 2018 National Open Science Plan – Plan national pour la science ouverte https://www.ouvrirlascience.fr/national-plan-for-open-science-4th-july-2018/
- 2018-2022 Elected member of the Board of directors of Crossref.
- 2017-… Open Science Advisor, French Ministry of Reseach and innovation.
- 2017 Revues.org becames OpenEdition Journals
- 2018-2019 Research grant : Open Knowledge Appropriations – AMIDEX Interdisciplinarity (200K€)
- 2016 CNRS Innovation medal.
- 2012-2019 Grant : Facility of excellence grant (7 million euros).
- 2013 Co-creation of OpenEdition Books
- 2011 Co-creation of OpenEdition
- 2008 Co-creation of Hypotheses.org
- 2000 Creation of Calenda
- 1999 Creation of Revues.org